Our new Competition Series 4" Downpipes for your 2012+ 335i (F30 Chassis) six cylinder N55 turbo engine, 2013+ 435i (F32/F33 Chassis) six cylinder N55 turbo engine and 2012+ M135i (F20/F21 Chassis) six cylinder N55 turbo engine!
Ease of Installation: (1 Easy, 5 Hard) 2
- Available for the 2012+ BMW 335i (F30 Chassis) N55 Engines!
- Available for the 2013+ BMW 435i (F32/F33 Chassis) N55 Engines!
- Available for the 2012+ BMW M135i (F20/F21 Chassis) N55 Engine!
- Higher Max Horsepower Power Curve
- Higher Intial Torque Curve. Torque curve hits faster and higher and longer.
- Better throttle response and faster turbo spool up times.
- Mandrel Bent 4" piping. Smooth transition to the exhaust system.
- 100% Stainless Steel Construction
- 100% TIG welded for better quality welds
- Precision CNC machined turbocharger V-Band flange.
- Brush Finish (standard) or optional Polish Finish
- Available with high temperature Black Thermal Coating to reduce underhood temperatures.
- Optional - Additional O2 sensor bung for wideband O2 sensors (comes with pre-installed plug)
- Optional EGT sensor bung for EGT gauges (comes with pre-installed plug)
- Compatible with the factory or aftermarket exhaust systems.
- Track tested durability.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Restrictions in the exhaust system robs horsepower and torque especially on turbocharged cars. Thus, removing as much exhaust flow restrictions will increase horsepower and torque significantly. The factory catalytic converter found in the factory downpipe is a big culprit of this and is a major exhaust flow restriction. The factory catalytic converter is made up of catalyst material formed into "honeycomb" weaves. Exhaust gas must pass through these tiny "honeycomb" weaves on their way to the exhaust system thus causing a major exhaust flow restriction. It also causes turbulence after the catalytic converter which causes the exhaust flow to slow down (which increases restriction). By replacing the factory downpipe/catalytic converter with our Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe, more power is unleashed! You will feel the difference instantly.
Our Competition Series Catless Downpipes is constructed out of 100% 304 grade stainless steel and utilize mandrel bent piping. They are 100% TIG welded by our in house fabricators and built in the USA. The factory turbocharger turbine housing utilizes a V-Band flange which we have duplicated and CNC machined cut out of billet 304 stainless steel. Stainless Steel CNC machined O2 sensor and laser cut brackets are TIG welded using stainless steel rods. The O2 sensor is positioned at the factory location. Since the outlet of the turbocharger is 3.5" and the factory exhaust system is 3", the factory downpipes reduces size using short transitions from 3.5" before the catalytic convert and 3" afterwards. Due to space needed for the cataylic converter, the factory downpipes reduce in size using very short transitions. Since our catless downpipes delete the cataylic converter, we have more space. Thus, we use very long transitions. These longer transitions allow the exhaust gas time to smoothly transition from the larger piping to the smaller. Also, since we utilize a larger 4" pipe right after the turbocharger, turbo backpressure is significantly reduced. This results in less exhaust turbulence and backpressure which again improves throttle response and increase turbocharger spool times (less turbocharger lag).
Our downpipes are designed to fit perfectly with either the factory exhaust system or your aftermarket exhaust system. There are no compatibility issues whatsover. The downpipes will come by default in Brushed Finish. We also offer a Polished Finish as an option.
Ceramic Thermal Coating - The purpose of ceramic coating downpipes is to keep heat from the exhaust gases inside the downpipe from radiating out. This keeps underhood temperatures lower and less heat absortion by nearby parts/surfaces. Another added benefit is that by keeping in heat (energy) in the exhaust gases inside the downpipe, exhaust flow velocities stay up, resulting in lower backpressure. The ceramic coating also adds additonal corrosion resistance. We utilize the best ceramic coating possible. Our thermal coating can resist up to 2000F of heat. It is available in black only (all the other colors cannot withstand heat that high).
Additional O2 Sensor Bung - An additional O2 sensor bung can be added so that you can easily add a wideband o2 sensor and gauges so that you can monitor air/fuel ratios. The additional O2 sensor bung will come pre-installed with a plug so that you do not need to run the o2 sensor right away.
Optional EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) Bung - An additional 1/8" NPT bung can be added so that you can easily add a EGT sensor and gauge. The optional EGT sensor bung will come pre-installed with a plug so that you do not need to run the EGT sensor right away.